[Ffmpeg-devel] participation in GSoC

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Mon Mar 19 18:51:32 CET 2007

anton anton wrote:
> But you also cannot be sure that students which have time now,
> will have it during summer, isn't it? I think qualification tasks
> for estimating knowledge of students, not for estimating their free time!

ffmpeg is quite selective since we had a bad experience with some of our
students last year so we added the burden of proving.

You don't have to complete any of those tasks, but we need to see your
skill in action and judge from them.

In addition this project has some rules about communication, like
breaking long lines and some rules about how properly post, let alone
patch summission and scm/svn usage patterns.

I'm pretty sure that you could spend some minutes every day proving your
skill with something like vectorizing some code. It shouldn't take much
for somebody with already the knowledge.

If a student don't have time in summer she will be dropped if she don't
meet the deadlines we concord in the initial phase...

lu

--

Luca Barbato

Gentoo/linux Gentoo/PPC