[Ffmpeg-devel] participation in GSoC

Mike Melanson mike
Mon Mar 19 18:53:05 CET 2007

anton anton wrote:
> But you also cannot be sure that students which have time now, will have it during summer, isn't it? I think qualification tasks for estimating knowledge of students, not for estimating their free time!

Indeed, and estimating a student applicant's knowledge is of paramount
importance to us. That's why we want to enforce these qualification
tasks. If the SoC response this year is anything like last year, we
should have enough students who will take the qualification challenge.

BTW, there is a significant number of other SoC-approved projects
pertaining to multimedia, some of which might have more relaxed
admission requirements than FFmpeg:

   http://multimedia.cx/eggs/soc-multimedia/

--
	-Mike Melanson