[Ffmpeg-devel] Bug in pts computation in compute_pkt_fields() ?

Måns Rullgård mans
Wed Mar 21 00:43:46 CET 2007

Martin Wache <M.Wache at gmx.net> writes:

> M?ns Rullg?rd schrieb:
>> Martin Wache said:
>>>>
>>> Yes, I remember that I read it somewhere. I do send video and audio in
>>> one stream, is it possible that this causes the problems? As I said
>>> earlier av_read_packet() works good, so I assumed that av_read_frame()
>>> would be able to cope with that as well.
>>> Could you remind me what the problem with those files is?
>>
>> Such files are not allowed by the spec, so creating them is a bad idea.
>> FFmpeg still handles them without problems.  A hardware decoder might be
>> pickier.
>
> Ok, if it is just against the spec, I think it is okay in the case of
> the vdr. Those files where never meant to be exchanged with other
> programs, they are files which are only for internal use. Of course
> people try to use them with different programs, but I don't think one
> can blame Klaus (the author of vdr) for this.

I do.  There is rarely any good reason to invent a new file format,
even for internal use only.  In the specific case of PVR applications,
I would consider the ability to read the files with other programs a
significant advantage.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com