[Ffmpeg-devel] rgd real media support in ffmpeg library

Diego Biurrun diego
Wed Mar 21 11:12:51 CET 2007

This question belongs on ffmpeg-user.  Next time, please ask there.

On Wed, Mar 21, 2007 at 09:00:15AM +0000, sanjay kumar gupta wrote:
>  does ffmpeg library supports real media (.rm) file?

Yes.

> I tried playing the .rm file using 'ffplay' command, it says
> 'Unsupported video codec'.

A codec is not the same thing as a container or file format.

The file in question likely contains RV30 or RV40 video, which is not
supported.

> do I need to add some options while building the ffmpeg source code to
> have real media support (in linux FC6)?

No.  RV30/RV40 is unsupported and there is no way to add support.

Diego