[Ffmpeg-devel] Re: [Ffmpeg-cvslog] r8465 - trunk/libavformat/utils.c

Guillaume Poirier gpoirier
Wed Mar 21 12:05:13 CET 2007

Hi,

diego wrote:
> Author: diego
> Date: Wed Mar 21 11:48:10 2007
> New Revision: 8465
>
> Modified:
>    trunk/libavformat/utils.c
>
> Log:
> av_estimate_timings_from_pts() flushes the packet queue but doesn't
> reset the streams' cur_dts values.  This can lead to a fatal "error,
> non monotone timestamps ..." message later, because the out-of-date
> cur_dts values are used to compute some packet's dts.
>
> Fix this by calling av_read_frame_flush() and eliminate code
> duplication in the process.
>
> The additional hunk gives more detailed error messages.
>
> patch by Wolfram Gloger, wmglo dent.med.uni-muenchen de

Would anyone have an objection to systematically add a reference to
the thread where the committed patch was posted?

I always do it under "original thread" and give the mail subject and
date. Very few people do it currently, which is too bad IMHO.

I find it quite handy to immedialty find the discussions there were
about the patch, which can sometimes help understanding the patch.

Other than the fact that it slows down a bit patch committing, I'd
like to hear any objection about making it a policy rule when applying
non-trivial patches.

Thoughts?

Guillaume