[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpegs future version control system

Attila Kinali attila
Fri May 11 09:35:31 CEST 2007

On Wed, 9 May 2007 11:03:22 +0200
Reimar Doeffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:

> My very personal impression is: not that much of a difference if using
> the git server, though quite a bit higher CPU load on the server,
> extremely much higher if using http, rsync or whatever, esp. for initial
> checkout and/or users updating rarely.

Don't worry abour CPU usage. mphq has currently a daily load average
of 0.20-0.30, so we have plenty of head room (not accounting for the
peaks that go up to 10 over several minutes).
About 60% of the CPU load is generated by svnserve and vievc.

If the CPU load becomes a problem (ie if daily load average goes
over 0.50 over a longer period), then we can always buy another
CPU and plug it in.

			Attila Kinali

                         -- Deed of Morred