[FFmpeg-devel] Audio Video Sync issue with dvr-ms files

Jonathon Elwood jaelwood
Sat May 12 05:26:00 CEST 2007

On 5/11/07, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> Hi
 [...]

> ive tried these files and i cannot reproduce any freezing frames with
> svn head ffplay with them, also their AV sync is not worse with ffplay
> then any other random mpeg2 video
>
> can someone confirm that there is any problem at all with these files?
You are correct, I just tried it with ffplay and it played perfectly.
I'm embarrassed that I didn't try ffplay earlier (I thought of trying
it with MPlayer, but not ffplay).  Anyway, I think this helps narrow
down the problem because the problem must be somewhere in the encoding
process.  Please try it again with ffmpeg and you should see the
problem.  I tried it with both command lines below and I see the
problem with both encoders.

ffmpeg -benchmark -y -i "ABC_SD.dvr-ms" -vcodec mpeg4 -qscale 4 -vtag
XVID -acodec mp3 -ac 2 -ab 128000 -f avi "ABC_SD.avi"

ffmpeg -y -benchmark -i "ABC_SD.dvr-ms" -threads 2 -vcodec h264 -b
384000 -bufsize 384 -coder 0 -level 13 -acodec aac "ABC_SD.mp4"