[FFmpeg-devel] Audio Video Sync issue with dvr-ms files

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sat May 12 13:52:58 CEST 2007

Hi

On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 11:26:00PM -0400, Jonathon Elwood wrote:
> On 5/11/07, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> > Hi
>  [...]
>
> > ive tried these files and i cannot reproduce any freezing frames with
> > svn head ffplay with them, also their AV sync is not worse with ffplay
> > then any other random mpeg2 video
> >
> > can someone confirm that there is any problem at all with these files?
> You are correct, I just tried it with ffplay and it played perfectly.
> I'm embarrassed that I didn't try ffplay earlier (I thought of trying
> it with MPlayer, but not ffplay).  Anyway, I think this helps narrow
> down the problem because the problem must be somewhere in the encoding
> process.  Please try it again with ffmpeg and you should see the
> problem.  I tried it with both command lines below and I see the
> problem with both encoders.
>
> ffmpeg -benchmark -y -i "ABC_SD.dvr-ms" -vcodec mpeg4 -qscale 4 -vtag
> XVID -acodec mp3 -ac 2 -ab 128000 -f avi "ABC_SD.avi"
>
> ffmpeg -y -benchmark -i "ABC_SD.dvr-ms" -threads 2 -vcodec h264 -b
> 384000 -bufsize 384 -coder 0 -level 13 -acodec aac "ABC_SD.mp4"

-dts_delta_threshold 1

though this is more a workaround than a proper solution, the problem is
likely that the first frames have no timestamps
maybe theres some initial timestamp hidden somewhere in asf?
if not iam wondering how wmp can play it? or does wmp discard the first
frame(s) ?

If you really think that XML is the answer, then you definitly missunderstood
the question -- Attila Kinali