[FFmpeg-devel] r9017 breaks WMA decoding on Intel Macs

Guillaume Poirier gpoirier
Thu May 31 16:44:33 CEST 2007

Hi,

Zuxy Meng wrote:
> 2007/5/31, Guillaume POIRIER <poirierg at gmail.com>:

>>> This won't assemble correctly if any of the memory operands already have a
>>> displacement. Loren explained why:
>>> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.devel/51453
>> I agree. This patch's main purpose is to show how to write this
>> routine with proper syntax (Bear in mind that all assemblers produce a
>> warning here. To a certain extend, we may consider that the reason it
>> works with FSF AS is just by pure luck.)
>>
>> When I have the time, I shall benchmark both yours and my patch to see
>> what are the speed figures.... But IMHO, it's a bit pointless, because
>> whatever the speed figures may look like, we are comparing 1 solution
>> that appears to work by luck, and another that is more reliable. Speed
>> isn't what your patch is after.
>
> Hmm I really miss Intel syntax here, which I guess would be something
> like "MOVLPS XMM6, [EAX+2*EBX+imm]" so using "+16" at the end doesn't
> hurt in any case.

So do I. I really hate AT&T's syntax.

> But gcc simply doesn't parse".intel_syntax" in
> inline asm.

This problem is supposed to be fixed since latest versions of GCC 3.3
are out. You should retry.

Also, is there any other way to use Intel syntax with inline asm other
than by adding ".intel_syntax" in the inline asm block?

Guillaume