[FFmpeg-devel] r9017 breaks WMA decoding on Intel Macs

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu May 31 20:21:13 CEST 2007

Hi

On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 04:44:33PM +0200, Guillaume Poirier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Zuxy Meng wrote:

> >> I agree. This patch's main purpose is to show how to write this
> >> routine with proper syntax (Bear in mind that all assemblers produce a
> >> warning here. To a certain extend, we may consider that the reason it
> >> works with FSF AS is just by pure luck.)
> >>
> >> When I have the time, I shall benchmark both yours and my patch to see
> >> what are the speed figures.... But IMHO, it's a bit pointless, because
> >> whatever the speed figures may look like, we are comparing 1 solution
> >> that appears to work by luck, and another that is more reliable. Speed
> >> isn't what your patch is after.
> >
> > Hmm I really miss Intel syntax here, which I guess would be something
> > like "MOVLPS XMM6, [EAX+2*EBX+imm]" so using "+16" at the end doesn't
> > hurt in any case.
>
> So do I. I really hate AT&T's syntax.

i hate it too, but iam getting used to it ...
anyway it wouldnt help if we could get recent gas/gcc to handle intel syntax
as apples ancient as wont support it

I have often repented speaking, but never of holding my tongue.
-- Xenocrates