[FFmpeg-devel] RTP input stream blocks ffmpeg

Yohann Martineau yohann.martineau
Wed Sep 19 10:56:18 CEST 2007

hello,

I'm trying to transcode a video stream sent over RTP from h263 to
mpeg2video, and to forward this transcoded stream over RTP.
The payload type of my h263 stream is h263 and the payload type of my
mpeg2video stream is mpeg2-ts.

I'm using latest svn version.

The following command gets stuck:
$ ffmpeg.exe -i rtp://192.168.1.45:10002

I try to get codec information from this command line. But I have
nothing on my console.

I thought it would give me a timeout or a message stating that no packet
has been received or any error message.

when I try with http, I have a timeout:

$ ffmpeg.exe -i http://sdkjfgsdkjf
FFmpeg version SVN-r10532, Copyright (c) 2000-2007 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
   configuration: --enable-memalign-hack --enable-libmp3lame
--extra-ldflags=-L/usr/local/lib --extra-cflags=-I/usr/local/include
   libavutil version: 49.5.0
   libavcodec version: 51.44.0
   libavformat version: 51.13.3
   built on Sep 19 2007 09:36:33, gcc: 3.4.2 (mingw-special)
http://sdkjfgsdkjf: I/O error occured
Usually that means that input file is truncated and/or corrupted.

Am I missing something obvious ?

Should I report a bug ?

Knowing that RTP is a realtime transport protocol, I think a timeout
would be nice.

Sorry if I'm on the wrong mailing list, I tried on ffmpeg-user
yesterday, bug got no response.

Thanks,

yohann