[FFmpeg-devel] RTP input stream blocks ffmpeg

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Thu Sep 20 09:33:35 CEST 2007

Hi,

I believe this question belongs to ffmpeg-users, anyway:

Yohann Martineau wrote:
> I'm trying to transcode a video stream sent over RTP from h263 to
> mpeg2video, and to forward this transcoded stream over RTP.

AFAIK, ffmpeg does not support receiving h.263 in RTP (support for the
h.263 payload is not implemented).

> The following command gets stuck:
> $ ffmpeg.exe -i rtp://192.168.1.45:10002

I suspect this command line is wrong. You need to use an rtsp:// url, or
to provide an SDP file.

> I try to get codec information from this command line. But I have
> nothing on my console.

Maybe you even wrote the wrong IP:port. Note that you likely need to
specify "?local_port=..." in the url.

				Luca