[FFmpeg-devel] Problem with reordering of output pictures

Jakob Rieckh jarieckh
Thu Apr 17 18:19:03 CEST 2008

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to play a video with no num_reorder_frames information present in
the SPS. The stream is encoded using hierarchical B-frames, meaning: I B P B
I B P B. Though the ordering of the output frames is correct, the playback
turns out to be pretty jerky. That's due to the fact that, when the first
B-frame in a GOP is about to be displayed, the playback has to stop in order
to wait for the next I-Frame. When this I-Frame is finally decoded, the
whole GOP is played back far too rapidly.

Does anyone has already experienced the same problem and can help me with a
solution!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Jakob