[FFmpeg-devel] Problem with reordering of output pictures

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri Apr 18 19:50:55 CEST 2008

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 06:19:03PM +0200, Jakob Rieckh wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>

> I'm trying to play a video with no num_reorder_frames information present in
> the SPS. The stream is encoded using hierarchical B-frames, meaning: I B P B
> I B P B. Though the ordering of the output frames is correct, the playback
> turns out to be pretty jerky. That's due to the fact that, when the first
> B-frame in a GOP is about to be displayed, the playback has to stop in order
> to wait for the next I-Frame. When this I-Frame is finally decoded, the
> whole GOP is played back far too rapidly.
>

> Does anyone has already experienced the same problem and can help me with a
> solution!

read bugreports.html and follow whats written in there, especially provide
a sample so we can reproduce the problem

Opposition brings concord. Out of discord comes the fairest harmony.
-- Heraclitus