[FFmpeg-devel] Delay Calculation Regression

Daniel G. Taylor dan
Wed Aug 13 04:32:49 CEST 2008

On Wed, 2008-08-13 at 01:01 +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 03:23:48PM -0400, Daniel G. Taylor wrote:
> > The commit affecting this is r13470 in svn, which is a simple one-line
> > fix, but the sample file above has delay == 1 and pc == NULL when that
> > function is called so the PTS is never set properly.
> >
> > I'm not sure why that patch was committed or what the exact issue is.
> > Reverting r13470 in current trunk makes the file work just fine.
>
> r13470 is correct, the problem is likely that there is no AVParser for
> vc-1.
> patch is welcome

I'm fairly new to ffmpeg development, but there appears to be a parser
for vc-1 in libavcodec/vc1_parser.c, specifically an AVCodecParser is
defined starting on line 111. If that isn't what is needed, could you
point me to some documentation or maybe give me a quick overview of how
the parsers work to help me jump in and write a patch?

Don't you think it would be a good idea to hold off on changes that
break current files until the various codecs and parsers have been
updated to make sure they work with those changes?

Take care,
--
Daniel G. Taylor
http://programmer-art.org