[FFmpeg-devel] Delay Calculation Regression

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Aug 14 05:37:37 CEST 2008

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 10:32:49PM -0400, Daniel G. Taylor wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-08-13 at 01:01 +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 03:23:48PM -0400, Daniel G. Taylor wrote:
> > > The commit affecting this is r13470 in svn, which is a simple one-line
> > > fix, but the sample file above has delay == 1 and pc == NULL when that
> > > function is called so the PTS is never set properly.
> > >
> > > I'm not sure why that patch was committed or what the exact issue is.
> > > Reverting r13470 in current trunk makes the file work just fine.
> >
> > r13470 is correct, the problem is likely that there is no AVParser for
> > vc-1.
> > patch is welcome
>
> I'm fairly new to ffmpeg development, but there appears to be a parser
> for vc-1 in libavcodec/vc1_parser.c, specifically an AVCodecParser is
> defined starting on line 111. If that isn't what is needed, could you
> point me to some documentation or maybe give me a quick overview of how
> the parsers work to help me jump in and write a patch?

ive fixed it i think ...
(and it would have been a wmv3 parser ...)

> Don't you think it would be a good idea to hold off on changes that
> break current files until the various codecs and parsers have been
> updated to make sure they work with those changes?

yes, if iam the allmighty and know all consequences of every change then
it surely would be reasonable. It seems you think i am

Asymptotically faster algorithms should always be preferred if you have
asymptotical amounts of data