[FFmpeg-devel] libavfilter help

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Sun Aug 24 17:01:37 CEST 2008

On date Sunday 2008-08-24 07:58:48 +0200, Vitor Sessak encoded:
> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>> On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 05:15:36PM +0200, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> which is the place where to discuss libavfilter issues?
>>
>> ffmepg-dev when its about patches and development of libavfilter
>> everything i guess /dev/null
>
> You can always try ffmpeg-users and #ffmpeg for non-development stuff,
> but there is no warranty of receiving some answer...
>
>>> Since I'm quite tired to tell on ffmpeg-user others to help completing
>>> it, I think it's arrived the time to do something myself...
>
> Nice! I've put some work on it some time ago, but I've been out of time
> to do hard core development... The last thing I was working on was
> trying to factorize and cleanup the code used in both ffmpeg.c and
> ffplay.c patches (by creating a vsrc_buffer input filter). I'm attaching
> a patch to what I have in my local tree. I didn't committed it yet to
> the soc tree because it exposed some bugs in both vf_overlay.c and
> vf_split.c.
>
> There are two things really missing in SVN to be able to enable the
> first filter:
>
> 1- vf_scale (the sws_scale wrapper), that is needed for getting the
> colorspace right. That correspond to very few code lines

What's exactly missing the soc vf_scale.c filter? Or is it just a
matter of importing it into SVN?

> 2- the patches to ffmpeg.c/ffplay.c
>
>>> I have already implemented a trivial noise filter, I'm interested into
>>> developing the blur filters mentioned in the TODO file.
>>
>> libavfilter needs to be merged into main svn, see the disscussions about
>> it between me and vitor
>>
>> new filters are fine as well but arent really terribly important ATM
>
> I agree. New filters are welcome and I would be glad to have a look at
> them, but I think that getting lavfi committed should be highest
> priority.

OK, anyway I was looking for that as a sort of exercise to help me
understand the framework.

Thanks so much for your answer.

Regards.
--
FFmpeg = Frightening and Friendly MultiPurpose Elegant Gospel