[FFmpeg-devel] libavfilter help

Vitor Sessak vitor1001
Sun Aug 24 17:17:47 CEST 2008

Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> On date Sunday 2008-08-24 07:58:48 +0200, Vitor Sessak encoded:
>> Michael Niedermayer wrote:

>>> ffmepg-dev when its about patches and development of libavfilter
>>> everything i guess /dev/null
>> You can always try ffmpeg-users and #ffmpeg for non-development stuff,
>> but there is no warranty of receiving some answer...

>> Nice! I've put some work on it some time ago, but I've been out of time
>> to do hard core development... The last thing I was working on was
>> trying to factorize and cleanup the code used in both ffmpeg.c and
>> ffplay.c patches (by creating a vsrc_buffer input filter). I'm attaching
>> a patch to what I have in my local tree. I didn't committed it yet to
>> the soc tree because it exposed some bugs in both vf_overlay.c and
>> vf_split.c.
>>
>> There are two things really missing in SVN to be able to enable the
>> first filter:
>>
>> 1- vf_scale (the sws_scale wrapper), that is needed for getting the
>> colorspace right. That correspond to very few code lines
>
> What's exactly missing the soc vf_scale.c filter? Or is it just a
> matter of importing it into SVN?

It's just a matter of getting it reviewed. I've posted already it for
review at
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2008-February/042103.html
and Bobby made it decode one slice at a time since then (but it probably
broke the filter when ffmpeg is compiled without --enable-swscaler).

-Vitor