[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Runtime-inited versus Hardcoded tables.

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala
Thu Jan 31 16:57:14 CET 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 11:01 -0500, Rich Felker wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 03:34:15PM +0200, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> > without much speed loss (yes the cmp function can be optimized
>
> Once again I'm glad Uoti has no authority in this project...

Why? Do you have reason to believe that what I said would not be
technically correct? What kind of speed loss do you claim to be
inevitable if you drop motion_est.o size to half with a reasonable
amount of work? I wouldn't be surprised if it got noticeably faster, the
current implementation wastes quite a lot of cache.