[FFmpeg-devel] DVCPRO-HD bounty offered

Armando Di Cianno armando
Fri Jun 6 21:13:16 CEST 2008

Hello all,

I emailed the list the other day asking about DVCPRO-HD decoding
status in FFmpeg.  Roman, and others, have an FFmpeg branch that has
Dan Maas's original DVCPRO-HD patches integrated; alas, they don't
seem to be functional in that branch yet.  Roman stated he'd like to
see it work, but it's more of a nice-to-have issue, and not a
personal-itch-scratching issue.

To give some incentive to getting DVCPRO-HD working, my company is
offering a $250 (US dollar) bounty to the first individual, group, or
company that submits a patch against the current FFmpeg svn trunk that
successfully decodes DVCPRO-HD.  This patch should include support for
1080i50, 1080i60, 1080p25, 1080p50, 720p50, and 720p60.  (This happens
to be the default export list from Apple QuickTime.)  Please make sure
to respond to this thread on the ffmpeg-devel list, with a link to the
patch or patches, if you'd like to claim the bounty.

We have a 1080i50 (exported from Apple QuickTime) available here:
  http://www.sesamevault.com:80/video/4894/original/file
... this file is about 100MB in size.

We can pay the bounty with PayPal or by company check sent via snail
mail.  If you're curious about Open Box Technologies, Inc, our website
is:
  http://www.obtech.net/

As a company, we utilize FFmpeg in a plethora of ways.  I'm excited to
offer this bounty to the FFmpeg development community, and hopefully
bring better DVCPRO-HD support to both FFmpeg and MPlayer.

__Armando Di Cianno
VP of Software Development
Open Box Technologies, Inc.
dicianno at obtech.net