[FFmpeg-devel] FFServer development/maintenance activity.

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Wed May 21 11:03:01 CEST 2008

Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> On date Tuesday 2008-05-20 18:18:02 +0100, jeff bob encoded:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm considering using FFServer in a project. However would be put off if it
>> is currently not especially developed-on/maintained.
>>
>> If anyone could inform me on the activity level I would be very much
>> appreciative. If there is a particular webpage that details such information
>> I would be equally appreciative.
>
> I think ffserver results currently broken in some way I can't tell.
Maybe something is broken if ffserver, but two or three months ago
RTP streaming from file worked quite well (and I think it still works).

Some time ago I've also been able to stream mpeg and ogg via http. I do
not remember the details, I do not remember about any particular ffserver
bug... It was just difficult to configure: to use it, you must know what
you are doing.

AFAICS, regression tests do not work, but I suspect that's easy to fix.

				Luca