[FFmpeg-devel] build problems on OpenBSD

Måns Rullgård mans
Wed May 28 17:54:49 CEST 2008

M?ns Rullg?rd <mans at mansr.com> writes:

> Jacob Meuser <jakemsr at sdf.lonestar.org> writes:
>> hi
>> I'm having some problems building recent ffmpeg svn versions.  in fact,
>> I can't even get started :(
>> here's what happens with a clean checkout:
>> acer:~/tmp/ffmpeg-svn-20080527% ./configure
>> nm: unknown option -- P
>> usage: nm [-aCegnoprsuVw] [file ...]
> Your nm is not POSIX compatible.  Get a better one.
>> od: unknown option -- A
>> od: od(1) has been deprecated for hexdump(1).
>> usage: od [-aBbcDdeFfHhIiLlOovXx] [-j offset] [-N length] [-t type_string]
>>         [[+]offset[.][Bb]] [file ...]
> POSIX mandates an "od" tool.  Get a compliant one.

And the -A option is standard as well.

I just spoke to someone from OpenBSD here at LinuxTag.  He suggested
that you contact the maintainers for nm and od.  Perhaps they can
easily get the missing functionality added.

M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com