[FFmpeg-devel] Invalid and inefficient vfw-avi packed B frames detected

Andrew Savchenko Bircoph
Mon Nov 3 17:12:44 CET 2008

Hi,

On Monday 03 November 2008 06:39, compn wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Nov 2008 04:27:43 +0300, Vladimir Mosgalin wrote:
[...]
> >> Since those files (again AFAIK) do not play right that is a
> >> bad idea.
>
> after this message was added i noticed blips/tears in the videos

I've also noticed some tearing, but it was caused by the warning
message itself. Bursts of those messages are somewhat CPU
expensive (especially if your terminal makes some antialiasing,
etc) and may take play near the edge of system capabilities. After
having this warning disabled it forks fine for me.

--
Best regards,
Andrew