[FFmpeg-devel] Problem with cross compilation / need guidance for patch submission

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez
Sun Oct 12 19:33:29 CEST 2008

Diego Biurrun <diego <at> biurrun.de> writes:
> The problem really is in FAAC and should be fixed there.  Submit a patch
> to them that changes the preprocessor condition to use __WIN32__ or one
> of the other variants.

I understand your point.

What you're telling here is that ffmpeg is relying on other libs to be
iso c99. This is a very unrealistic approach as most of the libs are
not iso c99 compliant.

To put it simply, the ffmpeg build system is at fault because it imposes
the std=c99 to headers that were never thought to be compiled like that.
Why fix external headers ? Isn't the responsability of the includer to
use the headers correctly ?

> In the meantime you can work around this problem by patching your local
> FAAC headers.

Yes. VLC devs will decide which project to patch in their contrib building
process.

My work is now over, i won't run after fixes on a third project in a row.

Thanks.

--
Edouard Gomez