[FFmpeg-devel] Chinese AVS file format demuxing

Stefan Gehrer stefan.gehrer
Wed Sep 3 17:18:28 CEST 2008

Hi,

the files stream0?.avs from avs.org.cn/fruits are
AVS1-P1 format (abused MPEG2 part 1) and can be
played back using

'ffplay stream01.avs'
or
'mplayer -demuxer lavf stream01.avs'

Only the files generated by the AVS transcoder available at
http://www.avs.org.cn/DownSys/download.asp?id=6
are of the AVS-P9 format.
The small change required to demux these files with our own
MOV demuxer was already done by Baptiste.
Another not-so-big change to cavsdec.c to support both
elementary streams and the format coming from the MOV
demuxer I started with but did not finish it yet.
What is required is similar to the NAL unit concept
in H.264.

Best regards
Stefan