[FFmpeg-devel] Chinese AVS file format demuxing

Pavel Modilaynen pmodilaynen
Thu Sep 4 12:55:20 CEST 2008

Hi Stefan,
> the files stream0?.avs from avs.org.cn/fruits are
> AVS1-P1 format (abused MPEG2 part 1) and can be
> played back using
>
> 'ffplay stream01.avs'
> or
> 'mplayer -demuxer lavf stream01.avs'

Unfortunately, I can't make them able to play by ffplay or mplayer.
The latest ffplay exits with:
./ffplay ../test_data/stream01.avs
FFplay version SVN-r15191, Copyright (c) 2003-2008 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
configuration:
libavutil 49.10. 0 / 49.10. 0
libavcodec 51.71. 0 / 51.71. 0
libavformat 52.22. 0 / 52.22. 0
libavdevice 52. 1. 0 / 52. 1. 0
built on Sep 4 2008 13:59:55, gcc: 4.2.3 (Debian 4.2.3-1)
[mp3 @ 0x883fff0]Could not find codec parameters (Audio: mp1, s16, 256 kb/s)
../test_data/stream01.avs: could not find codec parameters

I even tried ffmpeg revision 9792. And the result was the same.
May be *.avs files on avs.org.cn are changed since time you played them?
The problem seems to be that file header is parsed incorrectly
and demuxer's probe fail.
Could you please check if you can play these files now or
point on what I am doing wrong?
> Only the files generated by the AVS transcoder available at
> http://www.avs.org.cn/DownSys/download.asp?id=6
> are of the AVS-P9 format.

.. and this url doesn't exist :(

Thank you!