[FFmpeg-devel] Chinese AVS file format demuxing

Stefan Gehrer stefan.gehrer
Fri Sep 5 09:54:02 CEST 2008

Pavel Modilaynen wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>> the files stream0?.avs from avs.org.cn/fruits are
>> AVS1-P1 format (abused MPEG2 part 1) and can be
>> played back using
>>
>> 'ffplay stream01.avs'
>> or
>> 'mplayer -demuxer lavf stream01.avs'
>>

> Unfortunately, I can't make them able to play by ffplay or mplayer.
> The latest ffplay exits with:
> ./ffplay ../test_data/stream01.avs
> FFplay version SVN-r15191, Copyright (c) 2003-2008 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
> configuration:
> libavutil 49.10. 0 / 49.10. 0
> libavcodec 51.71. 0 / 51.71. 0
> libavformat 52.22. 0 / 52.22. 0
> libavdevice 52. 1. 0 / 52. 1. 0
> built on Sep 4 2008 13:59:55, gcc: 4.2.3 (Debian 4.2.3-1)
> [mp3 @ 0x883fff0]Could not find codec parameters (Audio: mp1, s16, 256 kb/s)
> ../test_data/stream01.avs: could not find codec parameters
>
> I even tried ffmpeg revision 9792. And the result was the same.
> May be *.avs files on avs.org.cn are changed since time you played them?

Yes, they changed. There used to be 10 files of around 150MB each in
AVS1-P1 format. One of them can still be found here
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/AVS/
Now there are three files of only a few kB and they are video elementary
streams. When developing the decoder I had some way to play back these
elementary streams but I can't remember how.

Stefan