[FFmpeg-devel] Matroska Seek Test Broken

Mike Melanson mike
Sun Sep 7 10:29:33 CEST 2008

Hi,

The Matroska seek test broke sometime after revision 15215 (hard to
detect since that's when another test broke). I have been trying to find
the exact revision that broke it. The problem is that it only seems to
fail during the full 'make test' suite, not well the test is isolated.

This is the command that generates the problem file:

ffmpeg_g -y -flags +bitexact -dct fastint -idct simple -t 1 -qscale 10
-f image2 -vcodec pgmyuv -i tests/vsynth1/%02d.pgm -f s16le -i
tests/asynth1.sw ./tests/data/b-libav.mkv

And this is the command that executes the seek test:

./tests/seek_test ./tests/data/b-libav.mkv

I built all FFmpeg versions from 15215 forward and I can't make any of
them fail on that command. Granted, I am using the same version of
seek_test in all cases, one built from ~15215. Then I tried using a
version of seek_test built during 15240. That failed, regardless of
which version of FFmpeg generates the MKV file.

Should I try building each version of seek_test alongside each version
of FFmpeg to see which one fails?

--
	-Mike Melanson