[FFmpeg-devel] Realmedia patch

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Wed Sep 10 16:14:37 CEST 2008

Hi Ronald,

Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 8:50 AM, Luca Abeni <lucabe72 at email.it> wrote:
>> BTW, any reason for the funny way libavformat is using to check for
>> a supported transport? Maybe this is due to some other known bug in
>> some crappy server? Or to some other reason?
>
> You mean the loop instead of a list?

I mean: sending one only SETUP request (containing a list of the
requested protocols, in order of preference) instead of sending
multiple SETUP requests.

And once the transport protocol is decided for a stream, all the
other streams will use the same transport (so, no need to request
multiple protocols for all the streams)

AFAIK, this is how an RTSP client is supposed to behave.

			Luca