[FFmpeg-devel] Broken third party software

Frans de Boer frans
Mon Sep 15 00:01:49 CEST 2008

On Sun, 2008-09-14 at 23:50 +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 10:22:49PM +0200, Frans de Boer wrote:
> >
> > Oh, one more thing: In my world it is common to top-reply (and I am
> > doing this for almost 29 years).
>
> You learned to top-post in the year 1979?  I very much doubt it.
You ever heard of DARPA? And yes, 1979 is a bit early. I stand
corrected: it must be around 1985, so it's actually 23 years.

> > But now I know that the FFmpeg project likes bottom-replies,
>
> No, we like inline quoting.
>
> > and....show me where I wrote "I demand". For some of you: Please, try to
> > read a little better and refrain from your personal interpretations.
>
> You were giving us directions how we should run our project.  Are you
> going to tell us that you cannot use Subversion, but are experienced
> enough running free software projects that we should listen to what you
> have to tell us?  All of this made it sound very rude.
No I had no such intention. But yes, I am involved in various OSS
products but never had the need of using svn nor read the 144+ pages of
the manual. I used CVS before and none OSS version systems.