[FFmpeg-devel] Broken third party software

Diego Biurrun diego
Mon Sep 15 00:12:04 CEST 2008

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 12:01:49AM +0200, Frans de Boer wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-09-14 at 23:50 +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 10:22:49PM +0200, Frans de Boer wrote:
> > >
> > > Oh, one more thing: In my world it is common to top-reply (and I am
> > > doing this for almost 29 years).
> >
> > You learned to top-post in the year 1979?  I very much doubt it.
> You ever heard of DARPA?

Yes, that's why I doubted your claim in the first place.

> And yes, 1979 is a bit early. I stand corrected: it must be around
> 1985, so it's actually 23 years.

25% error.

> > > But now I know that the FFmpeg project likes bottom-replies,
> >
> > No, we like inline quoting.
> >
> > > and....show me where I wrote "I demand". For some of you: Please, try to
> > > read a little better and refrain from your personal interpretations.
> >
> > You were giving us directions how we should run our project.  Are you
> > going to tell us that you cannot use Subversion, but are experienced
> > enough running free software projects that we should listen to what you
> > have to tell us?  All of this made it sound very rude.
> No I had no such intention. But yes, I am involved in various OSS
> products but never had the need of using svn nor read the 144+ pages of
> the manual. I used CVS before and none OSS version systems.

If you used CVS, you can use Subversion.  There's a quick start guide
for CVS users even.  That should take you less than half an hour.

Diego

P.S.: Your quoting can still be improved: Cut away things you do not
reply to and mailing list footers; also leave a blank line between your
text and the quoted text.