[FFmpeg-devel] Query:asfmuxer

Irfan Shaikh irfanshaikh
Wed Sep 24 14:20:27 CEST 2008

hi,

 I wanted a bit further understanding on ffmpeg asf muxer code.
Can you tell me where all in the code do i need to make changes, so as to support a particular format.
Consider for example g711 audio format.

Can i kno the steps so as to make changes in the code,

I will be really very thankful 2 u all,

Regards.
Irfan

-----Original Message-----
From: ffmpeg-devel-bounces at mplayerhq.hu on behalf of Michael Niedermayer
Sent: Wed 9/24/2008 5:33 PM
To: FFmpeg development discussions and patches
Subject: Re: [FFmpeg-devel] Query:asfmuxer

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 01:53:13PM +0530, irfanshaikh wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> 	I have been studing the plug-in code for asf muxer developed by ffmpeg. I
> wanted to clarify whether the source code for asf muxer supports the
> following formats,
> video H264, MPEG4, MJPEG and audio G711 and G726.

just try it, if it works its supported, if not it is not.

> 	If the muxer code thus not support any one of these where in the code shal
> i do changes so as to made the asf muxer code compatible with the above
> audio video file formats.

libavformat/asf-enc.c

> 	I would be very thankfull if i get detailed information regarding code
> changes required.

If you add any new features or fix bugs in existing features, please dont
forget sending patches!

Concerning the gods, I have no means of knowing whether they exist or not
or of what sort they may be, because of the obscurity of the subject, and
the brevity of human life -- Protagoras

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments contained in it.