[FFmpeg-devel] [Patch] fix mingw/faac linking

Baptiste Coudurier baptiste.coudurier
Fri Sep 26 06:28:14 CEST 2008

Hi Ramiro,

Ramiro Polla wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>> what is the preferred compiler to use cygwin or however you spell it? Or something else??
>>
>> Seems mingw doesn't get any love. Been a month and there still broken for mingw :)

I do like mingw to be honest, I find it lighter than cygwin, but I used
cygwin a long time ago ...

> I built FFmpeg (with no external libs) last week and regression tests
> passed (even seek test, which used to fail due to a buggy printf in
> older versions of Windows [1]).

Well here many thing are still broken: gcc 4.3 segv on snow encoding, so
regression tests are useless, gcc-3.4 works but has the strtod bug.

Could not get my hands on gcc-4.2, do you have it somewhere ? Does it
have the strtod bug ?

> I was setting up a test machine but very unfortunately Mike shut down
> FATE [0] =(
>
> If anyone knowledgeable in MinGW-FFmpeg volunteers to finish setting
> up the test server, there is a spare AMD 64 machine sitting still at
> home with a brand new install of Windows 2008 Server, MinGW and Python
> and whatever else was needed to test FATE (yes, it was assembled with
> this only purpose in mind).
>
> Now I don't have any more free time to look at Windows issues and will
> probably only look at them sometime in December.

I think can spare some time to work on it.

Smartjog USA Inc.                                http://www.smartjog.com