[FFmpeg-devel] [Patch] fix mingw/faac linking

Ramiro Polla ramiro.polla
Sun Sep 28 20:47:40 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 1:28 AM, Baptiste Coudurier
<baptiste.coudurier at smartjog.com> wrote:
> Ramiro Polla wrote:
>> I built FFmpeg (with no external libs) last week and regression tests
>> passed (even seek test, which used to fail due to a buggy printf in
>> older versions of Windows [1]).
>
> Well here many thing are still broken: gcc 4.3 segv on snow encoding, so
> regression tests are useless, gcc-3.4 works but has the strtod bug.

I can confirm the crash. I had reported another crash to Aaron
LaFramboise on [0], also related to snow.c. That specific bug no
longer happens with 4.3.2, but something very similar does happen. If
I remove any combination of av_always_inline on functions under
predict_plane(), it works. It seems like a stack corruption, but
raising --stack to 0x200000 or above didn't help at all. Under
valgrind with a linux compilation made with 4.3.2, I tried lowering
the max stack frame size and snow encoding needed only about 0x100000.
The crash also happens under wine.

> Could not get my hands on gcc-4.2, do you have it somewhere ?

I usually compile my own. If you want I can send you 4.2.4.

> Does it
> have the strtod bug ?

The strtod bug depends on mingw-runtime. 3.15 no longer shows the bug
and regressions pass.

Ramiro Polla

[0] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.mingw.user/26409/focus=26465