[FFmpeg-devel] libavfilter: single ffplay.c diff?

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Tue Sep 30 00:45:56 CEST 2008

On date Friday 2008-09-26 18:37:20 +0200, Vitor Sessak encoded:
> Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> > On date Thursday 2008-09-25 22:42:15 +0200, Stefano Sabatini encoded:
> >> What about to provide in libavfilter just a single patch for ffplay.c
> >> rather than:
> >> 01_ffplay_get_video_frame.diff    03_ffplay_filters.diff
> >> 02_ffplay_VideoPicture_vars.diff
> >>
> >> This should ease development (for example if I change X I have to
> >> "revert" up to the relevant diffed version N, then I have to make the
> >> diff against N-1, and finally change the following diffs). While I'm
> >> sure there are better ways to achieve that (e.g. to use quilt/git) in
> >> practice it makes more difficult to provide patches to
> >> libavfilter-soc.
> >>
> >> So I suggest to use just a patch for ffplay.c as the one provided for
> >> ffmpeg.c, then I think we should update both patches to a recent
> >> version of FFmpeg (I volunteer for it).
> >
> > In order to simplify testing and development I also propose to use a
> > checkout.sh script like in others soc projects, check the patch below.
>
> I'm favorable to both changes, but please note that the ffplay patch is
> not really in a very good state...

Yes, I'm merging the patches and updating them to a more recent ffmpeg
version, I'll post the resulting patch to libavfilter-soc here or I'll
directly apply it as you prefer (I suppose you're the "unofficial"
libavfilter-soc maintainer, right?).

Regards.
--
FFmpeg = Fast and Faboulous Majestic Portentous Easy Gorilla