[FFmpeg-devel] rtsp/rdt streaming from bbc (was: ask for advie of doing Qualification task -- M95 Playback System)

Steven Woolley woobert
Wed Apr 1 19:36:35 CEST 2009

Hi Ronald,

> Sure, I'd be happy too, but not quite sure where :)   I see the read_*
> functions in tcp.c/udp.c but they are using select's with a tv already set
> to some other value... but my code in the read's for the mms* stuff only
> uses read's.  Sorry, I really am this clueless about sockets.  I think it
> took me 2 full days to get what I got working in mms* and it ended up being
> a couple of lines of code that I still don't really understand!
> Steve

Also, FYI, when using UDP this line: (from udp_read_packet in rtsp.c) is
blocking indefinately (so url_interrupt_cb) is only ever called once... so I
can't leave the loop after some specified timeout).

n = select(fd_max + 1, &rfds, NULL, NULL, &tv); //<---- HERE is blocking
indefinately