[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] libswscale into the FFmpeg SVN repo

Måns Rullgård mans
Thu Apr 2 21:07:05 CEST 2009

Stefano Sabatini <stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> the feat mentioned in the subject has been mentioned many times, and
> IIRC there is also a general agreement about it.
>
> And I also remember that someone (Diego?) mentioned some technical
> problems.
>
> Or maybe if we're going to do that step, maybe we could even afford to
> do yet another one and migrate to git as planned.

Diego once said there is a way to merge the svn repos while
maintaining chronological history.  Alternatively, it can be merged as
part of a transition to git.  It is not advisable to move to git and
merge the trees at a later time since that would rewrite the entire
history and invalidate any branches people might have.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com