[FFmpeg-devel] Touching base on first decoder ( CDXL ) before loosing direction

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Wed Apr 8 16:13:46 CEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 08:18:04AM -0500, Erion Omeri wrote:
> I had been going through the Pascal version and converting it as I went
> along but that was already determined to be OFF LIMITS due to licensing
> issues.

Honestly I don't really see you getting anywhere with converting the Pascal
version anyway, FFmpeg has a lot of special functions to handle media
formats, like the get_le32 to read a 32 number in a way that works on
_all_ architectures etc., the source code really is mostly useful to
find out anything that might be missing from
http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=CDXL
though it seems to me it should be enough for the demuxer (libavformat)
part at least.
The wikipedia description of HAM is a bit lacking though since it
describes neither the bitstream format nor the exact values of the
control bits.