[FFmpeg-devel] h264 decoding

Mehmet Ali LÖK mlok
Wed Aug 12 16:36:39 CEST 2009

chenyb wrote:

> Dear maintainer:

> Hi!

> I've build a MSVC version h.264 decoder using ffmpeg'code for my own learning interest. I've just made some trivial revisions for the compatibility with the new compiler,and use the avcodec.dll compiled by MinGW+gcc to acquire the full decode efficiency of the gcc style SIMD intrinsic assembly code. Anyway, if you comment the macro "HAVE_MMX", you can get a totally MSVC version of the ffmpeg h264 decoder that doesn't need the avcodec.dll anymore.

> What's the interest of doing that while we already have the MinGW version ? I think it's more attractive to a low-level programmer like me to use a more convenient IDE to read the code. Frankly speaking, I was totally frustrated by the DDD debugger, and hated to add printf every well. Using my project, you can even debug the gcc style intrinsic assembly code under the MSVC IDE--just at disassembly state. Is it interesting?

> Would this work do some help to anyone else? And if you do think so, how can I commit it?

> Anybody else is welcomed to discuss this issue with me, I would be very happy if some one asked me for the code.

> Best regards!

eclipse works on windows, U++ too.

Both cost way less than visualstudio.

Anyway nice archivement =)

Hey how are you doing?

i am writing you for asking that you can give me some advise to decode h264 stream from ip camera with using ffmpeg. i am working with visual studio 2003-2005. i am waiting for you thank you..

take care..

Mehmet Ali L?k
Yaz?l?m M?hendisi / Software Engineer

ekin Teknoloji