[FFmpeg-devel] Understanding motion vectors from ff_print_debug_info()

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Aug 12 19:43:43 CEST 2009

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 11:23:39AM +0400, Oleg wrote:
> Hello.
> I have a question about motion vectors. As you wrote here
> "http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2007-August/033535.html", "AVFrame.motion_val is always populated, if the codec has motion vectors
>  at all. The motion vectors have to be stored somewhere, so there's no
>  penalty for exporting them."
>
> But, in my program, AVFrame.motion_val is populated  only when I'm
> setting AVCodecContext.debug_mv = 1. But, in this case, motion vectors
> are drew in frame.
>
> So, how to populate AVFrame.motion_val without vizualization?

try FF_DEBUG_MV
and this is the wrong mailinglist for such questions
as penalty, if my suggestion works you have to send us a patch improving
the documentation so its clearer how to use motion_val

Avoid a single point of failure, be that a person or equipment.