[FFmpeg-devel] r19654 - trunk/configure

Måns Rullgård mans
Sat Aug 15 23:10:33 CEST 2009

Chris Hills <chaz at chaz6.com> writes:

> On 15/08/09 14:35, diego wrote:
>> Author: diego
>> Date: Sat Aug 15 14:35:15 2009
>> New Revision: 19654
>>
>> Log:
>> Use pkg-config to generate the linker flags for libdirac.
>> We do the same for libschroedinger and already use pkg-config to generate
>> the CFLAGS for libdirac anyway, so there is no new dependency.
>> Thanks to Kovensky for reporting breakage on IRC.
>
> Hi there
>
> Why the sudden change of heart? When I brought this up almost a year
> ago, it was denied after a fair bit of discussion.

There has been no change of heard, I was simply not paying attention.
That said, I guess this might be one of those cases that cannot easily
be solved properly due to the bad design practices of the libdirac
developers.  pkg-config is hell when cross-compiling, but I'd be
surprised if libdirac can be cross-compiled at all, let alone run on
anything non-x86, so this isolated instance probably doesn't make
things any worse than libdirac already is.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com