[FFmpeg-devel] utils.c patch to avoid divide by zero

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Aug 26 18:16:29 CEST 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 11:27:00AM -0400, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 10:46 AM, Michael Niedermayer<michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> > The way i see it from what i know is that we have a duration that is known
> > in a timebase that is not known (aka pretty useless)
>
> That is the rtpdec.c / rtsp.c bug, we don't set the timebase for
> streams with unknown parser. There is no reason for this behaviour,
> because the timebase is known (it's in the SDP header). Like I said:
> bug. Attached patch fixes that and the crash (for me), but Luca didn't
> like the patch very much.
>
> So let me rephrase, just in case I'm unclear:
> - the bug described in the thread starter is triggered in rtsp
> - I gave the URI triggering it
> - I think the underlying cause is that the timebase isn't set because
> no codec is available for the stream
> - this patch fixes that, and thus the underlying cause of the bug
> - Luca doesn't like this patch
> - the patch in the thread start also fixes this bug (line 1), but not
> the fact that no timebase is set

luca? please elaborate about setting / not setting the timebase and this
patch ...
i think the timebase should be set if its available, of course i dont
know if the patch is the right way to achive that ...

Observe your enemies, for they first find out your faults. -- Antisthenes