[FFmpeg-devel] utils.c patch to avoid divide by zero

Frank Barchard fbarchard
Wed Aug 26 21:13:28 CEST 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 6:51 AM, Ronald S. Bultje<rsbultje at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> If this is the same as what I think it is, then it's triggered by
> RTSP. I've emailed Luca & Luca about fixing it in rtsp.c (another bug)
> but we haven't agreed on a solution yet. The bug occurs for any audio
> stream with an unknown payload / codecID.
>
> Ronald

My crash wasn't RTSP; It came from Ogg Vorbis (audio) decoder.  Which
is fixed now.
There are likely bugs elsewhere.  Adding zero checks in util wont make
them work well, but at least they wont crash.
It could be done in mathematics.c, but that code is more performance sensitive.