[FFmpeg-devel] [VOTE] please vote for our NGO name: new vote?

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Wed Dec 16 23:37:26 CET 2009

Hi Stefano,

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 5:25 PM, Stefano Sabatini
<stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it> wrote:
> Also there could be C, which I like less but which is better than the
> other ones, so I could assign the points like this:
> A ? ? ?-> 3
> B ? ? ?-> 3
> C ? ? ?-> 1
> others -> 0

This is already possible, just rank them evenly. It doesn't help us to
decode between the two, though.

> Since I believe that re-design the voting system would be overkill, I
> suggest to simply redefine the list of preferences, which should
> contain an explicit mention of the official, short and domain name,
> and add all the newly added preferences, and then start again the
> vote.

It would've been better if you'd done this before.

Do you have evidence that this kind of "clarification" would
substantially change the outcome of the vote?

> If there are not other devs which stand for this, I won't bikeshed
> with this anymore, also I don't particularly dislike the most
> favorited names and we can adjust the official name issue when the
> winner is choosen.

I'd like to hear also if there's broad support for this "it didn't go
well". My feeling is that most either are OK with it or really don't
care all that much and would rather just have the foundation set up so
we can use it (I'm in that group).

Ronald