[FFmpeg-devel] Build problem

Art Clarke aclarke
Wed Feb 4 19:41:50 CET 2009

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 9:10 AM, David DeHaven <dave at sagetv.com> wrote:
> SVN r2161 has the mach-o alignment fix in it. Current svn revision is
> 2173.
> nasm 2.06rc2 and later have the fix, but I think macho64 support is
> half-baked at the moment since there's no Mach-O maintainer.
>
> But that won't fix the problem when building a 64 bit shared lib.

And it looks like you're right:
Using svn revision 2173:

yasm --version
yasm 0.7.99.HEAD

the build still fails:
     [exec] ld: pointer in read-only segment not allowed in slidable
image, used in dispatch_tab_sse from libavcodec/x86/fft_mmx.o

I tried switching the section where the dispatch tables are defined in
fft_mmx.asm from .text to .data, and that gets around the compile
error, but then causes bus-errors later when I try to encode with
h263.

For now, I'll probably work around by removing yasm from my build
system, but if anyone else has cool ideas I'll try them.

- Art

--
http://www.xuggle.com/
xu?ggle (z?' gl) v. To freely encode, decode, and experience audio and video.

Use Xuggle to get the power of FFMPEG in Java.