[FFmpeg-devel] Build problem (on Os X)

David DeHaven dave
Wed Feb 4 19:47:41 CET 2009

On Feb 4, 2009, at 9:01 AM, Art Clarke wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 8:57 AM, Art Clarke <aclarke at xuggle.com> wrote:
>> By the way David, you said you submitted a patch for this previously
>> but I couldn't locate it. Any chance you could send me the link if
>> the
>> ffmpeg-devel archives you're referring to?
>
> Never mind; I found your patch (how did we live withotu Google):
> http://list.xvid.org/pipermail/xvid-devel/2009-January/006039.html
>
> Looks like you need Yasm r2161 (and not the latest official build:
> 0.7.2.2153).  I'll try upgrading to HEAD of the Yasm tree and report
> back if that fixes the problem.

Putting dispatch_tabxxx in .rodata seems to skirt the issue, but
generates heaps of warnings on 32 bit. No idea if that works on 64 bit
as I don't have access to a 64 bit machine at the moment. Maybe make
the added section .rodata/.text lines conditional with "%ifidn
__OUTPUT_FORMAT__,macho64", that avoids the warnings and allows the
system to cache the dylib code on 32 bit.

Someone with more x86 assembly experience could probably find a better
solution... I'm just kinda hacking in the dark here. I was able to
build 64 bit dylibs though.

-DrD-