[FFmpeg-devel] Roundup being migrated

Attila Kinali attila
Fri Feb 13 22:28:31 CET 2009

On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 22:09:35 +0100
Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:

> > BTW: There are 200MB free space left on incomming.
> > I think you want to help Ivo to clean it up/sort it out.
> i can donate 50 euro for a new disk, seems a
> Samsung SpinPoint F1 640gb costs 53,33 for example (just a random
> pick ...)

As i already said a few times, diskspace is not a problem.
We've more than enough unallocated disk space (around 190GB).
It's a matter of a few minutes to increase the partition size.
But what i dont want is an ever increasing mess of files nobody knows
what to do with. Or to put it in other words: one forth
of the files on the partition on which the samples collection
resides is occupied by incomming.

I dont have a problem with keeping all the files, but they
should be sorted in a way that allows people to figure
out what they are good for and can find them easily.
> if thats not a possible option someone could make a list of file
> sorted by filesize and post the biggest and then give peopl a week to reply
> and files that got no "please keep" could then be deleted

Ivo already set out to sort the files, but quite a few demands
were directed to him because "it wasn't as nice and random
as before". Hence he got distraced and delayed.

			Attila Kinali

The true CS students do not need to know how to program.
They learn how to abstract the process of programming to
the point of making programmers obsolete.
		-- Jabber in #holo