[FFmpeg-devel] Roundup being migrated

Attila Kinali attila
Fri Feb 13 22:28:31 CET 2009

On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 22:09:35 +0100
Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:

> > BTW: There are 200MB free space left on incomming.
> > I think you want to help Ivo to clean it up/sort it out.
>
> i can donate 50 euro for a new disk, seems a
> Samsung SpinPoint F1 640gb costs 53,33 for example (just a random
> pick ...)

As i already said a few times, diskspace is not a problem.
We've more than enough unallocated disk space (around 190GB).
It's a matter of a few minutes to increase the partition size.
But what i dont want is an ever increasing mess of files nobody knows
what to do with. Or to put it in other words: one forth
of the files on the partition on which the samples collection
resides is occupied by incomming.

I dont have a problem with keeping all the files, but they
should be sorted in a way that allows people to figure
out what they are good for and can find them easily.

> if thats not a possible option someone could make a list of file
> sorted by filesize and post the biggest and then give peopl a week to reply
> and files that got no "please keep" could then be deleted

Ivo already set out to sort the files, but quite a few demands
were directed to him because "it wasn't as nice and random
as before". Hence he got distraced and delayed.

			Attila Kinali

--
The true CS students do not need to know how to program.
They learn how to abstract the process of programming to