[FFmpeg-devel] Roundup being migrated

Attila Kinali attila
Fri Feb 13 22:34:01 CET 2009

On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 23:25:01 +0200
Ivan Kalvachev <ikalvachev at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> BTW: There are 200MB free space left on incomming.
> >> I think you want to help Ivo to clean it up/sort it out.
> >
> > i can donate 50 euro for a new disk, seems a
> > Samsung SpinPoint F1 640gb costs 53,33 for example (just a random
> > pick ...)
> Not sure if there is place to put more disks.
> Also these are special variety of SCSI disk and you probably have to
> buy them from the manufacturer, so it would cost few times more.

They are 146GB SCA disks. New ones cost around 300-400CHF.
> No worry there were a lot of money left from the original donations
> that are supposed to cover server expenses as well as backup solutions.

Disks and money is not the problem.
> As bonus, there is no need to use raid mirroring for "incoming".

All 5 disks are together in a RAID 1+0 with one hotspare.
The resulting 2668GB disk is then partitioned using lvm.
So, putting incoming "not on RAID" is not possible,
beside, i would be bad practice anyways because there
is data there which should not be lost in case of a diying disk.

			Attila Kinali

The true CS students do not need to know how to program.
They learn how to abstract the process of programming to
the point of making programmers obsolete.
		-- Jabber in #holo