[FFmpeg-devel] Roundup being migrated

Attila Kinali attila
Fri Feb 13 22:34:01 CET 2009

On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 23:25:01 +0200
Ivan Kalvachev <ikalvachev at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> BTW: There are 200MB free space left on incomming.
> >> I think you want to help Ivo to clean it up/sort it out.
> >
> > i can donate 50 euro for a new disk, seems a
> > Samsung SpinPoint F1 640gb costs 53,33 for example (just a random
> > pick ...)
>
> Not sure if there is place to put more disks.
> Also these are special variety of SCSI disk and you probably have to
> buy them from the manufacturer, so it would cost few times more.

They are 146GB SCA disks. New ones cost around 300-400CHF.

> No worry there were a lot of money left from the original donations
> that are supposed to cover server expenses as well as backup solutions.

Disks and money is not the problem.

> As bonus, there is no need to use raid mirroring for "incoming".

All 5 disks are together in a RAID 1+0 with one hotspare.
The resulting 2668GB disk is then partitioned using lvm.
So, putting incoming "not on RAID" is not possible,
beside, i would be bad practice anyways because there
is data there which should not be lost in case of a diying disk.

			Attila Kinali

--
The true CS students do not need to know how to program.
They learn how to abstract the process of programming to