[FFmpeg-devel] Reorganisation of incoming/samples collection

Ivo ivop
Mon Feb 16 17:25:29 CET 2009

On Monday 16 February 2009 12:48, Rodney Baker wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 11:13:17 Ivo wrote:
> > I need HELP from everybody that has some time to kill. Basically, all
> > files in the new archive need to be checked:
> >
> > * Has accompanying text file?
> > 	* yes: read it, check if the problem still exists
> > 		* if so, add appropriate issue to roundup or bugzilla (MPlayer)
> > 		  and make note[*]
> > 		* if not, make note[*]
> > 	* no: check if the file has some obvious issues with either ffmpeg,
> > ffplay, mplayer or mencoder.
> > 		* if so, add isse to roundup/bugzilla and make note[*]
> > 		* if not, make note[*]
> I'd like to help with this (I don't know much about programming, but I
> can at least help testing...).

This is exactly what I was hoping for :)

> Are special permissions needed to post new
> issues on roundup? My reason for asking is that I posted a detailed issue
> about 2 weekends ago, along with uploading a sample to the ftp server as
> per the instructions on the web page, yet now the issue seems not to
> exist. When uploading the files I created a directory with the issue
> number but unfortunately I've now lost the issue number so I can't even
> tell you what that was :-(.

There were some problems with the roundup migration. I suppose things will
be fixed in a few days at most and your previous entry should turn up

> Should notes be sent to the list or direct? Pardon me for asking but I'm
> new here and I don't know all the customs/protocols etc. On some lists
> people get upset if you send them direct replies...

Good of you to ask. I don't mind getting a private e-mail, but I think it'll
be better if we coordinate such things on the to-be-created mailinglist.

> I'll be happy to help out where I can - that is at least one thing I can
> do to contribute...

And it'll be valuable. I have no idea how many issues are hidden in those
files, but as long as they're not checked and logged at the roundup server,
they probably won't get fixed.