[FFmpeg-devel] Reorganisation of incoming/samples collection

Rodney Baker rodney.baker
Mon Feb 16 12:48:25 CET 2009

On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 11:13:17 Ivo wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have used the bug-fixing weekend to continue my work on our samples
> collection. Current state of affairs:
>
>[...snip...]
> What now?
>
> I need HELP from everybody that has some time to kill. Basically, all files
> in the new archive need to be checked:
>
> * Has accompanying text file?
> 	* yes: read it, check if the problem still exists
> 		* if so, add appropriate issue to roundup or bugzilla (MPlayer)
> 		  and make note[*]
> 		* if not, make note[*]
> 	* no: check if the file has some obvious issues with either ffmpeg,
> ffplay, mplayer or mencoder.
> 		* if so, add isse to roundup/bugzilla and make note[*]
> 		* if not, make note[*]

I'd like to help with this (I don't know much about programming, but I can at
least help testing...). Are special permissions needed to post new issues on
roundup? My reason for asking is that I posted a detailed issue about 2
weekends ago, along with uploading a sample to the ftp server as per the
instructions on the web page, yet now the issue seems not to exist. When
uploading the files I created a directory with the issue number but
unfortunately I've now lost the issue number so I can't even tell you what
that was :-(.

> [*] send notes to me! things to note: filename --> issue/bug number or
> filename --> no issues. With this information, I can add the issue number
> to the filename and rebuild the symlinks correctly. If you start working on
> a certain directory, it's preferable if you coordinate it with me to avoid
> other people duplicating your work. Also, send your notes quickly, even if
> they are incomplete, to further reduce the risk of wasting time by
> duplicating work of others.

Should notes be sent to the list or direct? Pardon me for asking but I'm new
here and I don't know all the customs/protocols etc. On some lists people get
upset if you send them direct replies...

>[...]

I'll be happy to help out where I can - that is at least one thing I can do to
contribute...

Regards,
Rodney.

Rodney Baker VK5ZTV